Sweet Potato Tortilla’s, Chips & Crisp’s
Description of Recipe
A great grain free Tortilla alternative using sweet potatoes and almond meal, there are several options with this recipe. See details on how to make tortillas, chips & crisps.
Yield: 12 Tortilla’s
1 ½ cup Almond Meal
2 Large Eggs Whites
1 cup Sweet Potato (mashed)
2 TBL Olive Oil
1 tsp Himalayan Salt
1 tsp Peruvian Chile Lime Spice
1 tsp Onion Powder
¼ tsp Cayenne
1 tsp Oregano
In a large mixing bowl combine the almond meal, salt, Peruvian chili lime spice, cayenne, oregano, and mix together with a fork or your hands. After well blended mix in egg whites and olive oil.
1) Using a heaping TBL make a ground ball and put into your tortilla press with parchment paper on both sides, (note: pending on your tortilla press size this may vary)
2) Cook tortilla in a cast iron skillet on medium heat with olive oil, slightly browned on each, once cooked to your liking take out of skillet.
1) Preheat oven 325 F
2) Using a heaping TBL make a ground ball and put into your tortilla press with parchment paper on both sides, (note: pending on your tortilla press size this may vary)
3) After finished making you tortillas keeping them in the parchment paper flatten out just a little bit with a rolling pin.
4) Carefully Remove parchment paper form one side and cut into 6 or 8 chip shape (triangle) slices.
5) Leaving them on the bottom parchment paper spread apart a little and put on baking sheet, cover with olive oil and Himalayan salt. (Other spices can be added pending on your liking)
6) Put in oven, once chips are getting to a crispy level take out of oven remove bottom parchment paper, flip them and added more olive oil and salt, continue watching and flipping until nice and crispy. Best to cook slowly and keep a good eye on them, every oven is different and thickness of chips can also determine baking time.
7) Once you take out of oven let cool, (we find that after they are out of the oven and cool they usually become a little crispier).
1) Preheat oven 325 F
2) Follow same direction as above but after pressing and flattening a little more with rolling pin put in oven uncut let cook for a while take out of oven and remove parchment paper, let cook until crisp flipping again, more add olive oil and salt.
3) Once nice and crispy take out of oven let cool and break into eatable pieces.